1. Organize your bedroom so that when you first open your eyes you will see beauty. Consider placing art on your walls that brightens your mood, living plants on the dressers that serve as a reminder that you are a part of the cycle of life, and planting a tree or flowering shrubs outside your bedroom window for beauty.
2. When you first wake up take a few long, slow, deep intentional breaths.
3. Wake up and remind yourself to live your day as if you'll die tomorrow, and at the same time as though you'll live 200 years.
4. Even before getting out of bed, say something meaningful to yourself out loud. It doesn't have to be profound, just a few words that affirm that this is your day to live, to make meaningful choices, and to celebrate.
5. Playing music in the morning can set your mood for the day. Consider creating a playlist of your Top 20 Feel Good Songs. Soothing music can help relax, while rhythmic beats might get you dancing in the shower, and party beats can provide a sense of fun.
6. Be mindful of the quality of air in your bedroom. Open the windows often to let out the stale air and let in air that is fresh and full of oxygen.
7. Turn your bedroom into a serene oasis where the worries of the day melt away, and the grand potentials of life greet your eyes in the morning. Choose luxurious bedding, elegant sheets, perfect pillows, and a quality mattress. You deserve it! If you are on a budget, nothing beats a regular set of clean sheets and a favorite blanket.
8. The colors in your bedroom can have an astounding effect on your mood. Choose a color scheme for your bedroom that creates the type of mood you are looking for. Cool colors such as blues and greens tend to evoke serenity and peace. Pink is extremely calming. Shades of red are energizing and intimate. Pale shades of yellow will reflect light and make the room feel airy and bright. Earth tones are gentle and can create a cozy feeling.
9. Develop a pleasant morning routine that makes you eager to get out of bed. Try going for a light morning walk before showering, meditating, doing some light yoga stretches to get your body moving, or writing in a journal. Experiment and find a routine that works best for you.
10. Have something to be excited about today. When you wake up, think about one specific action or nice thing you can do for yourself that day... then make a solid decision to do it. When you have something you are excited about, you are more likely to get out of bed alert and looking forward to the day.
If you tend to wake up feeling groggy, grumpy, or even sad, consider using one or more of the above tips to help boost your morning mood. These easy ways to perk up help you take charge and feeling more confident to face whatever the day may bring.